Nov 24, 2022

A Study Plan for Students of Music Production

By Yiro Abari High

Intro

Learning music production can be very daunting, but simple at the same time. It is simple when you have the passion and daunting when you don’t.  But, even with a passion, there is the need to structure your learning process so that you learn very fast.  With a plan, you learn the basics first and the advanced techniques later, avoiding frustrations.

I learned music production by watching YouTube videos. I ended up spending more time than I should have spent because there are all manner of teachers on YouTube, certified and otherwise. Secondly, there wasn’t order in the learning process. It was more of a random act.  Later, I discovered I would have learned faster if I had a plan or a curriculum to follow. The plan would have told me what to learn and the order in which I would have to learn them. Thus, I made this plan to help aspiring music producers avoid the frustration that I went through.

To avoid “teachers” that mislead, there are established and recognized teachers on YouTube, you will know them by their large number of followers. My most reliable teachers on YouTube included Busy Works Beats, Michael Miavono, FL Guru, Life Style Did It, and Wildcrow among others. 

View or download the plan here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Stanley Meyer, Nigeria and Fuel Scarcity

Fuel Queues in Nigeria. Credit: businessday.ng. As of today, May 5th, it is getting to a couple of weeks since Nigerians commenced another e...